June 29, 2022
See the Victory Not the Battle
June 15, 2022 | Josh Akin
What a joy it has been discovering with you the book of Revelation. Today's video Bible study is from Revelation 19 where we learn about the great battle between the nations of the world called Armageddon.
How many movies have been made about Armageddon?
How many times have we heard, "Is this the big one? Is this Armageddon?"
People are fascinated with the Bible's account of what happens at the end of the 7 year Tribulation, when nations from all over world come to Israel for battle. But here's the surprise: Revelation 19, which teaches about this final battle between the Beast and his forces and God Himself, gives it just a few lines of space. The entire rest of the chapter details what is happening above the clamor of battle on earth, God is readying Heaven for the biggest celebration of all time, the Wedding of the Lamb.
This is the key to handling anxiety!
Just like the great battle of Armageddon, no earthly battle deserves our total focus. Over every battle we face, we must keep an eye on the victory awaiting us in Heaven.
Think about these Bible truths...
- You are more than a conqueror.
- God is with you. Who can be against you?
- All things work together for good to those who love God.
So in the battle you face today, draw your eyes upward. Soon and very soon you are going to see the King, and then you will see how this earthly battle you face was already won in and by Jesus our Lord.
Enjoy the video Bible study! Let me know your thoughts and questions.
- Leave questions and comments on YouTube. I'll answer them live! And by engaging with our community online you are encouraging others in their Bible study.
- Gather a friend and use the Conversation Guide below. Snap a picture of you and your loved ones. Post it online and tag us! Or email it to me with a simple reply.
- The video is also available after our premiere. Find a time that works with your friend and study together.
In what ways is marriage a good pictures for God's commitment to believers? In what ways is it not a good picture?
Why is the marriage between God and the church such a neglected topic for most Christians?
Discuss the Jewish wedding ceremony and how it illuminates our relationship with God, and what it will be like at the marriage of the Lamb.
PS: Forward this email to a friend, and encourage someone to take the Revelation for 2022 study series with you!